Tekken 7 feedback from intermediate player for Tekken 8

s
stoupa222
Mon 18/05/2020 - 12:51

Hello

I am 32 and this is feedback from somebody who started with Tekken when Tekken 7 was released.

I think i represent a newcomer who has decided to become solid Tekken player but had had no experience from fighting games in general.

I think Tekken 7 is great game but there are few things which makes it super difficult to play. Design of Tekken should be similar to DOTA (players are equal from beginning and only tactic and reactions tells the winner). Player should fight an opponent not the game!

Here is my list:

0) In general - Inconsistency is hell in areas where it doesn’t make any sense.
Players already have to deal with thousand of moves. Don't let face them eruptions on the sun.

1) Side step - Implement similar mechanic like breaking throws
If opponent player step to the right direction than step it. Don’t follow frames so strict. This will also kind of mitigate lag during online play.

2) Get rid of evasion properties
Low/high crush is enough.

3) Get rid of off-axis differences
Player who has stepped should earn reward (normal combo) and not get frustrated by off-axis behavior.

4) Punishing - Remove push back from all punishable moves
Push back makes inconsistency among characters –> only certain characters can punish certain moves. This might not be problem for players like Knee who can play any character (which can punish it >>> pick counter character). If something is punishable, make all players to punish it by their moves. If something is not intended to get punished, change the frames. Characters like Jack with long reach will still benefit from all other scenarios (neutral game).

5) Remove throw beak exceptions where limb is different then break

?) Remove exceptions in side step? (what side to step)
Those exceptions kind of make sense because designer must handle move input and character design (its weak side) BUT maybe those moves should be linear instead of stepping opposite side.

7) Movement / back dash / korean back dash
This one is about [body type (hit box) VS move set VS movement (distance)]. Facing a character with awesome movement played by player who master korean back dash is the most irritating thing. Even more on infinite stages. Tekken has no boundaries for movement but moves stay same. Playing game movement game (tekken) where movements is so difficult and experienced players has such advantage is nonsense.

8) Balance changes
Don’t boost characters only because you want players to play them. Make all characters balanced and make all of them look good and unique if you want players to play them. Don't let them choose a character based their capability.

9) Business model, tournaments and testing
Selling OP characters is OK for revenue. But don’t allow then in tournaments until a testing period in production ends. Also, create TEST environment where real players can join and test new release and characters for you.

10) Everything from "Arya's Tekken 8 Wishlist - Stream Highlights" https://youtu.be/IBg021qqiU4

Thank you and have a nice day :o)

z
zackxoxo
1 day 19 hours ago

I've been making a list that compares characters from Tekken 7 to characters from other fighting games. I figure it can help new players find a character they'll enjoy! I've only been playing Tekken intently since 7's console release, so I definitely still have some blind spots. Needless to say I would love your help with finishing this list!

z
zackxoxo
7 min 28 sec ago

I've been making a list that compares characters from Tekken 7 to characters from other fighting games. I figure it can help new players find a character they'll enjoy! I've only been playing Tekken intently since 7's console release, so I definitely still have some blind spots. Needless to say I would love your help with finishing this list!

https://nox.tips/ https://xender.vip/